I liked your philosophy about snippets, that "snippets are more useful are a per-project thing, not a per-user thing".
Probably not many people realizes that, because for programming languages, it's easy to find an extension that gives you language snippets for a while loop, or a for-each loop. But ...
Search found 20 matches
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 5:11 pm
- Forum: Game Programming
- Topic: Snippets: The IDE feature from the 1990s nobody told you about
- Replies: 2
- Views: 535
- Wed May 13, 2026 1:33 pm
- Forum: Game Programming
- Topic: I give up, min / max just doesn't fit my brain
- Replies: 4
- Views: 47877
Re: I give up, min / max just doesn't fit my brain
I have another suggestion!
... or even
so you can write
Code: Select all
clampMax(x, to) = min(x, to)
clampMin(x, to) = max(x, to)
Code: Select all
clamp(x, min=Float.MIN_VALUE, max=Float.MAX_VALUE) = clamp(x, min, max)
Code: Select all
this.x = clamp(this.x + Time.deltaTime, max=maxValue)
- Sat Apr 04, 2026 9:21 am
- Forum: Iris Blade
- Topic: Dialogue system
- Replies: 4
- Views: 285966
Re: Dialogue system
Great post! I was already interesting in implementing something like this, so I'm really happy that this came out at this moment :bunhappy:
I'm really relieved that you actually found an easier way to implement dialogues without having to write a parser from scratch :blobcatgiggle:. Having things ...
I'm really relieved that you actually found an easier way to implement dialogues without having to write a parser from scratch :blobcatgiggle:. Having things ...
- Wed Mar 18, 2026 9:23 pm
- Forum: Iris Blade
- Topic: Scrollbars!
- Replies: 2
- Views: 13110
Re: Scrollbars!
Nice post :blobcatheart: I liked a lot what you did to record the buttons that are actually in the scrolbar!
So I guess that the .Draw() function adds them to the current recording, if there is one. But do elements call .Draw() also when they aren't visible on the screen? Because it can be elements ...
So I guess that the .Draw() function adds them to the current recording, if there is one. But do elements call .Draw() also when they aren't visible on the screen? Because it can be elements ...
- Fri Mar 13, 2026 9:49 pm
- Forum: Show your stuff
- Topic: Magic Dungeon. A small puzzle RPG!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 40969
Re: Magic Dungeon. A small puzzle RPG!
Thank you for your comment :blobcatheart: . I appreciate that you like the game, I wasn't sure that people would enjoy it.
This genre is really interesting and not much explored imo. It could be fun to think about another idea within this genre :nkoThink:
It's very funny that I had Desktop ...
This genre is really interesting and not much explored imo. It could be fun to think about another idea within this genre :nkoThink:
It's very funny that I had Desktop ...
- Fri Mar 13, 2026 9:33 pm
- Forum: The Lounge
- Topic: Kiwix: A cool offline internet viewer
- Replies: 2
- Views: 43718
Re: Kiwix: A cool offline internet viewer
That's a very interesting project. Now that the web is at risk, it's important to help preserving it! Or even for events like internet blackouts, like when some major infrastructure provider is down, it's always nice to have a local copy of those websites!
I'm also thinking about piracy now, non ...
I'm also thinking about piracy now, non ...
- Fri Mar 13, 2026 8:22 pm
- Forum: Game Programming
- Topic: When to global, and how global is a global
- Replies: 9
- Views: 27824
Re: When to global, and how global is a global
But we all tend to forget about printing unless we're pure of heart so I'm not gonna blame anyone.
Do you think we functional weirdos here don't use an unsafePerformIO $ print "help!!" to debug? :blobcatgiggle:
Nice article ^^ globals simplify so much the gamedev process if you know how to use ...
Do you think we functional weirdos here don't use an unsafePerformIO $ print "help!!" to debug? :blobcatgiggle:
Nice article ^^ globals simplify so much the gamedev process if you know how to use ...
- Tue Mar 10, 2026 7:33 pm
- Forum: Iris Blade
- Topic: [Devlog] A new enemy spawn system
- Replies: 4
- Views: 18378
Re: [Devlog] A new enemy spawn system
I love how you use the notebook! :heart_purple:. It makes me remember those days when I was bored in classroom at the highschool, and I started to draw abstract patterns and figures. All my attention went towards there, and for some reason, I felt creativity peaked while doing that.
Sure, every ...
Sure, every ...
- Tue Mar 10, 2026 6:45 pm
- Forum: Langdev
- Topic: On named arguments
- Replies: 7
- Views: 21634
Re: On named arguments
But, point taken! I'll make sure to declare a new heap-allocated class `Decision` with two inherited subclasses `DecisionYes` and `DecisionNo` with a method `makeDecision()` instead of using booleans next time! :blobfoxthinksmart:
You are missing `DecisionUnsure`, not all decisions are easy to ...
You are missing `DecisionUnsure`, not all decisions are easy to ...
- Sat Mar 07, 2026 6:15 pm
- Forum: Show your stuff
- Topic: Magic Dungeon. A small puzzle RPG!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 40969
Re: Magic Dungeon. A small puzzle RPG!
I just remembered I had a Bearblog, so I wrote an article there putting the same content as here but adding some short words about my experience using godot-rust! https://sugui.bearblog.dev/creating-a-s ... odot-rust/